Credits:

DesignedbyLara.com

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Irresistible Eco-Friendly Lippies


My new freelance writing gig got me thinking about eco-friendly beauty products. While I try to do little things every day like turn off the lights or any other appliances when I'm done using them, recycle consistently, try not to print out unnecessary documents, I haven't really jumped on the eco-beauty bandwagon. But I figured that the Cargo PlantLove Botanical Lipsticks are a good way to start. The tube is made out of corn but the coolest part is that the outer carton is embedded with real flower seeds, so you can grow your own flowers!

I love a smooth lipstick formula and these adorable lippies have jojoba, shea butter and meadowfoam seed oil. Cargo really went all out by getting a bunch of celebrities such as Lindsay Lohan, Kim Raver, Denise Richards and a bunch of others to design each of the shades. Cargo is also donating two dollars from the sale of every shade to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, so this is one beauty buy I won't feel guilty about!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I have a few of these. They have a nice texture and I love that part of the sale goes to charity. Congrats on your freelance writing gig!

Piece of Cake said...

Oh wow! What a clever idea. I love the tube and it would be a conversation piece too if I pull it out of my bag. Sadly, I don't get cargo here.
Btw, thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment.

B said...

Oh wooow, what a fab product. You can grow your own flowers? I'm lovin' this!