I'm pretty boring when it comes to my hair. When I get a cut, I stick to it. For three years straight, I had side-swept bangs because it was the only thing that suited my thinning hair. By some miracle, my hair's grown a bit thicker (let's not jinx it!) and it's more manageable so I decided to try to grow it out. I also decided to get highlights! The last time I had any color other than my natural black was when I was 15. I tried to get highlights a couple of years ago but the results were disastrous and I dyed it back black.
I went to a new place to get my highlights (my fiance's cousin always gets her hair done and swore up and down that they would do a good job). I was getting a wash, cut, blow-dry and highlights for $40 in Flushing (Queens, New York), so I figured what the heck. It's so cheap that if it sucks, I can always dye it back!
Well, I love my new hair!! It even convinced me to go to a wedding last night that I wasn't going to go to.
Don't I look fab?
- Cargo Smoky Eye Eyeliner Duo in Budapest (in crease and outer eye)
- MAC eyeshadow in Electra (whole lid)
- MAC liquid eyeliner in Boot Black
- MAC eyeshadow in Phloof! (highlighter)
- Dior Show Mascara
- MAC Blush in Dollymix
- L'oreal Lipstick in Aishwarya's Beige
- MAC Lipglass in Viva Glam V
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer
- Laura Mercier Secret Brigtener
- MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation in NC42
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Dark