Summer makeup gets me more frustrated than anything else. While many products out there promise to be sweat-proof and water-proof, the truth is you have to play around to find out what really works for you.
I knew the first step to switching up my summer beauty routine would be to incorporate a Tinted Moisturizer. More and more BB products have been making their way onto my vanity table and BB's tinted moisturizer is a definite-summer must. It's winning formula is:
- protects skin with SPF 15
- has great sheer coverage that makes skin glow
But, I still need more coverage since I have dark marks and acne scars all over my face that seem to get darker in the warmer months. I picked up a great tip from Glamour magazine that seems to work better than anything else. I mix a little bit of a light-weight foundation (I use my MAC SPF 15 Mineralize SatinFinish Foundation, for lack of something better) with the tinted moisturizer. It still stays light weight and helps me cover up my imperfections.
Tinted Moisturizer Tips:
-Mix with a lightweight foundation if you need more coverage.
- If you have especially dry skin, you might want to use half the amount of your normal day-to-day moisturizer underneath. Otherwise, skip altogether; your tinted moisturizer should be enough.
- Best applied with a Stipling Brush such as MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush
- Let formula dry on face before applying any other makeup.
- No need to dust a powder afterwards. Skin looks best a little dewy in the summertime. Powders will only cause everything to run.
Now, I need to figure out the best way to wear concealer in the summer since my normal cream and/or liquid formulas get smooshed on my face because of the heat! What do the rest of you do for concealer? Is it worth investing in a pencil concealer for the summertime?