Credits:

DesignedbyLara.com

Saturday, June 28, 2008

O' Sweet Haulin: L'oreal Canada

I will ignore this blog no more!


I've been on a whirlwind adventure this last month, going on vacation to Toronto, Orlando and Atlanta. I haven't even been able to tell that I'm unemployed! During my one week stay in Toronto, my best friend got a special pass to a L'oreal warehouse sale that featured several other brands such as Lancome, Biotherm, Ralph Lauren, Maybeline, etc. You know I just had to hit up that sale! I got some amazing goodies (including a few throwback items) at some sweet deals and I wasn't selfish--I got an Armani Code set for my significant other as well! Here's a review of a few of my favorites.





Biotherm Play on Free Pure Velvet Pearl Eyeshadows in 20, 30 and 40:

I discovered Biotherm a few years back in the big 34th st Macy's in Manhattan and was hooked. Their water-based skincare was perfect for my late teenage years and I liked the light makeup options they had as well. One of the products that I loved and used fairly often were these eyeshadow powders. They go on extremely light so they are great for layering or for a simple neutral wash of color. I used the pink (#30) mostly but I picked up three out of four colors this time around. I have hard time not looking bruised with purple eyeshadow, but this one seems to work well and the pink and yellow are trademark colors that are very blendable.





Icy Reflect in #30 (Pink):

This was one of my staples for so many years! I used it on my eyes and cheeks (I stayed from the lips because it just looked too...icy). I love the gel texture which is easy to use and dries really quick so it's lasting power is great. This was actually my first venture into blush of any kind, so picking this up was a nostalgic makeup moment :)


(Glossy Splash)

Glossy Splash Lip Gloss in #450:

Again, another Biotherm product. This cherry-red lip gloss is hot, hot hot! It's a great kick of color for the lips but it's level of intensity is perfect for the summer. It also isn't sticky and small particles gives it the perfect hint of shimmer. However, my lips do suck in the color really fast.



Lancome Color Design Lipstick in Wannabe (Cream):


To be quite honest, this lipstick is something that can be dupable but I thought I'd add a Lancome lipstick to my small collection because of the great price I was getting. The barbie-pink color is a bit shocking on me, but I like it nonetheless :)

Last but not least, my 8-piece Lancome Juicy Tube Set that I love and rocking the whole summer so far. I have one of these babies in each of my purses, the little tubes are just so cute! Now, I know why they're such a cult favorite. I never liked them before because I thought they were too sticky and not worth the money. But, this set is absolutely awesome.


Although money's tight, the makeup shopping hasn't slowed down much so I have a lot of reviews coming up (included very delayed MAC posts), so keep coming back :)


I missed y'all!

10 comments:

Amina said...

the biotherm icy eyeshadow is soooo gorgeous!!
reminds me of indianwood

Mukho said...

You had quite a vacation and quite a superb haul... that cherry red is too delicious :) And so are the eyeshadows - do put up some fotds quickly :)

Lydia said...

Ooo I like those shadows too!

na said...

Great haul! I have a similar JT set from a few year's ago, and they're just the right size for throwing in the purse. :)

BeautyTalk said...

Nywele,

I absolutely love it!

BeautyTalk said...

Mukho,

I will try!

BeautyTalk said...

Lydia,

Yes, these shadows are really sweet!

BeautyTalk said...

Emilee,

I love the mini size! I never leace home without a gloss now :)

AskMeWhats said...

ohh I love the haul!!! i am lemming for the shadows!

♔Jaimie said...

that biotherm has a really nice pigment to them!

------------------------
xoxo Jaimie
Don't forget to check out my new contest!
www.justkissnmakeup.com