Monday, April 14, 2008
My Two Favorite Primers
Primer has become a part of my daily routine, whether I wear any other makeup or not. I've been using MAC Prime+Prep Face Primer for a while, but I just started using Becca Mineral SPF Primer last week and I can't decide which I like better now!
MAC Prime+Prep vs. Becca Mineral SPF Primer:
- Both are oil free, cream formulas that moisturize well
- Becca is mineral, MAC is not
- Becca is better for sensitive skin
- Both smooths skin
- Becca has a better matte finish
- Both are weightless
- Becca's includes anti-oxidant vitamins A, E, Green Tea, White Tea, Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate), Linoic Acid (Evening Primrose Oil), Alpha Lipoic Acid, Co Enzyme Q10,
- Becca=SPF 30, MAC = SPF 50
- Becca = $42, MAC = $26.50
I'd recommend both but I like Becca better because of the way it feels on my skin. It's matte finish is better, especially for the warm season. MAC's formua tends to be runny and watery if you don't shake it up once in a while, while Becca's isn't. However, MAC has a higher SPF count and it's price is also much better.
How imporant is primer to you and what's your favorite product?