Credits:

DesignedbyLara.com

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Back with new goodies to share

First, a week-long bout of the flu had me down and then a hectic workweek kept me away from this beloved place. But never fear, I am back and have lots of tricks up my sleeve!
While I've always considered myself a makeup junkie, I never truly realized what an art it really is. I'm one of those product lovers who buys everything in sight, but only sticks to the basics when actually applying makeup. Except for the occasional big night out, I tend to stick to the same look. But, I've decided (with inspiration from a few of my favorite beauty bloggers and youtubists) that I will learn to create new looks in my spare time and actually come up with uses for all the crap that I buy! Since I haven't joined the ranks of top beauty bloggers yet, 97% of the lovely things I blog about are bought with my own hard-earned cash and I might as well put them to good use.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally got around to buying MAC pro palettes and depotting all my shadows. It then came to my attention that I only have about twenty MaC eyeshadows (not counting the one measly holiday palette I own). I have been collecting MAC eyeshadows for years, so I don't know how I ended up with only twenty pots. I'm sure I've lost many since I didn't organize my beauty products until about a year ago. Oh well, just an excuse to buy more!

Depotting my shadows was really easy and I wish I had taken pictures of the process. But, a video I posted in an earlier post shows you how to do it in a very easy way.

The finished results;


Row 1 (Top, left to Right): Coppering, Antiqued, Soba, Deep Truth, Zonk Bleu
Row 2 (Left to Right): Sumptuous Olive, A Little Folie, Goldmine, Plumage, ShimmerMoss
Row 3 (Bottom, Left to Right): Phloof!, Trax, Amber Lights, Honeylust, Tilt
Palette #2: Unfinished, ten more to go!
Column 1 (Top to Bottom): Post Haste, Hepcat, Electra
Column 2 : Paradisco, Swish




No comments: